Discover Fresno, CA
From the twelve months of sunshine, to the world-class outdoor adventures, it's no wonder Fresno is called California’s “year-round playground"! Enjoy a multitude of outdoor activities such as golfing, hiking, snowboarding, skiing, whitewater rafting, boating, and rock climbing. Take in the natural beauty of Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon National Parks where you can hike among the giant sequoias or descend into the deepest canyon in California.
Apart from its natural landscape, Fresno is also known for its agriculture and wine. As part of the #1 agricultural region in the U.S, Fresno boasts spectacular farm to fork dining options as well as award-winning wines to rival those of Napa Valley.
- Founded in 1805, named "Fresno" after ash trees
- Fifth largest city in California (population over half a million)
- Stress-free travel (average traffic wait 3 minutes), easy airport experience
- Gateway to three National Parks (Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon) within 90 min. drive, airport is a hub for National Park visitors
- Agricultural capital of the world (produces 350 crops worth $6.8 billion)
- Award-winning wines now competing with the best in the world (grapes are largest crop)
- Visitors can see and taste the fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy, and meats that feed the world (many farmers' markets)
- Rich in education and innovation and home to California State University Fresno, Fresno Pacific University, and Fresno City College
Downtown Fresno Partnership
Discover Downtown Fresno, events, culture and nightlife in the heart of the city
Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
A nonprofit organization established to market Fresno County as the premier location for business prosperity with site selection assistance for new businesses, and assistance in the retention and expansion of businesses that are already located in the area.
Fresno Clovis Convention & Visitor’s Bureau
Where to stay, what do and what’s going on
Fresno Convention & Entertainment Center
The Central Valley’s premier performing arts and convention center located Downtown.
California State University, Fresno
public research university and one of 23 campuses within the California State University system.