Fresno Yosemite International Airport
Offers Tips For Healthy Holiday Travel
Fresno, CA (December 21, 2020) – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) is prepared with enhanced health and safety measures for those who will be traveling during the winter holidays. Our campaign “Ready to Move You Forward” highlights the new measures put in place to create a healthy and comfortable environment for the best passenger experience. Following best practices recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), FAT is working hand in hand with its airline and airport partners to ensure health and safety at all stages of travel.
FAT offers these travels tips to passengers for a seamless travel experience:
Ready to Move You Forward – Health and Safety Measures at FAT
• Enhanced cleaning practices using high-grade disinfectants to clean and sanitize the airport frequently throughout the day with special attention given to high touch areas such as countertops, seating, armrests, and other high exposure areas. Foggers used in restroom stalls and flooring.
• Designated Entrance and Exit doors in optimum locations to limit cross traffic in and out of the airport.
• Installation of over 100 plexiglass shields at all counters including airline and rental car counters, aircraft boarding podiums, cashier counters and parking exit booths.
• Placement of bilingual intuitive social distancing floor decals and signage in common areas such TSA, ticketing and passenger loading bridges.
• Increased hand sanitizer stations throughout the airport.
• Facilitate physical separation for one-way flow of foot traffic throughout the airport.
• Public Address bilingual messaging that promotes health and safety.
• The California Department of Public Health requires individuals to wear facial coverings while at the airport.
• Courtesy masks are available at the airline ticket counters or by checking with airport personnel. Hudson News and Gift offers a variety of masks and other healthy travel items for purchase.
• Passengers are strongly encouraged to arrive at the airport up to three hours prior to international flights and up to two hours prior to domestic flights.
• Airlines are being proactive about keeping their passengers safe by requiring masks on all flights. Please check with your airline on health and safety measures for flight check-in, boarding, and while on the plane.
• Turkeys and hams can fly in carry-on. Wrap the food items well and use plastic bags within your bag. Pastries, pies, stuffing and more can also fly. TSA’s tip for determining what food items go in carry-on and what goes in checked baggage – if you can spill it, spray it, spread it, pump it, pour it or if it’s 3 ounces or more, it’s technically a liquid and should be packed in checked baggage.
• TSA recommends that you wait until you arrive at your destination to wrap gifts. Presents may need to be unwrapped for additional inspection and we do not have the means to rewrap them for you.
• TSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice. Learn more about the TSA “Stay Healthy, Stay Secure” campaign.
• Passengers wearing face coverings during the TSA screening process may be asked to adjust it to confirm identity.
• Know the Transportation Security Administration’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Traveling with food tip: If you can spill it, spread it, pump it, or pour it, the TSA considers this item a liquid. View more TSA Thanksgiving travel tips.
• The Department of Homeland Security REAL ID deadline has been extended to October 1, 2021. Learn more about REAL ID on TSA’s REAL ID webpage.
• Dining and retail concessions have consolidated their operations with reduced hours at some locations. Please plan accordingly.
Parking and Ground Transportation
• Construction on a new four-level parking garage is in process. Please look for signage directing motorists to lot entrances where nearby construction is in progress. Signage directing pedestrians to walkways to/from the lots is in place.
• A Credit Card Only Lot and Economy Lot provides more parking options for travelers. Both lots are credit card only. Parking rates and maps are available at flyfresno.com/parking/ .
• A Free Cell Phone Waiting Area is conveniently located near the terminal to accommodate friends and family who are picking up arriving passengers. Look for the blue signs to the lot entrance. Drivers must stay with their vehicles.
• Rideshare drop-off and pick-up area located outside of the terminal Departures doors at the Rideshare/Bus Plaza and marked with blue signage.
• Taxi service is available across from the baggage claim doors at the center median.
COVID-19 Travel Resources:
• Visit FAT’s “Ready to Move Your Forward” travel-friendly resource site to learn about the latest steps the airport and airlines have implemented to keep travelers safe throughout the travel journey.
• Since travel requirements vary by state and by country, and change frequently. Prior to your trip we recommend visiting these websites for the latest travel advisories and information:
For Domestic Travel: CDC Travel Planner
For International Travel: US Department of State
State of California Travel Advisory 11/13/2020
• State of California Department of Public Health guidance and updates can be found at California Department of Public Health.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) is the largest driver in economic activity in the Central San Joaquin Valley with $928 million of annual economic activity and 10,800 direct, induced and indirect jobs. Domestic and international carriers serving FAT offer Valley travelers daily nonstop flights to Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara, León, Mexico City and Morelia, Mexico.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno .