- 2022 Safety Policy Statement - Written document from the Director of Aviation communicating the airports’ commitment to safety and the development of the SMS.
- FAA Safety Management Systems (SMS) for Airports - Federal Aviation Administration’s progress on the Part 139 SMS Rulemaking, Pilot Studies, and Internal SMS Efforts
- Introduction to Safety Management Systems (SMS) for Airport Operators AC 150/5200-37 - Federal Aviation Administration guidance on the concepts, development, and implementation of an SMS at an airport.
- Lessons Learned from Airport Safety Management Systems Pilot Studies – ACRP - Airport Cooperative Research Program 2011 Lessons Learned of Safety Management Systems Pilot Studies at Airports
- Safety Management Systems for Airports, Volume 1: Overview ACRP - Airport Cooperative Research Program 2007 Overview of Safety Management Systems
- Safety Management Systems for Airports, Volume 2: Guidebook ACRP - Airport Cooperative Research Program 2009 Guidebook for Airport Operators on the development and implementation of Safety Management Systems at Airports
- Safety Reporting Systems at Airports - ACRP - Airport Cooperative Research Program report on safety reporting methods and systems for Part 139 Airports
- Safety Risk Management Panel Activities and Outcomes – ACRP Synthesis 71 - Airport Cooperative Research Program report providing guidance, tools, templates, and lessons learned on the conduct of Safety Risk Assessments at Airports