Fresno Yosemite International Airport and Airline Partners Prepared for Busy Fall and Winter Travel
Fresno, CA ( September 19, 2019) – As early as October and into February 2020, California’s Central Valley travelers will have more flight options and a new international route from Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) to connect with friends and family for the holidays. Domestic and international carriers serving the Airport are prepared to accommodate travelers by increasing flight frequencies and seat capacity over the fall and winter seasons.
“Year-over-year, passenger volume at Fresno Yosemite International Airport has increased by 11.5 percent and is well on course to achieve a record year,” said Director of Aviation Kevin Meikle. “The Airport continues grow, outpacing airports of similar size as well as the national average by more than double.”
Expanded flights and destinations from FAT to accommodate fall and winter travel include:
- United Airlines mainline service operated with the larger Airbus aircraft on one of the four daily Denver departures beginning October 5 through February 2020
- American Airlines increased daily service to Dallas from three flights to four flights beginning December 4 through December 17
- Aeromexico increased frequency to Guadalajara, Mexico from five weekly flights to daily service throughout December with twice daily departures Friday through Sunday
- Continued daily service to Guadalajara, Mexico on Volaris with the addition of twice daily departures four times per week throughout December
Timely with the upcoming seasons, Volaris will add another popular international destination between Fresno and Mexico with the launch of nonstop service to León (BJX), Mexico beginning October 29, 2019. The introduction of twice-weekly year round flights to León, located in the Guanajuato state in the Bajío region, expands a third gateway to the Mexico region including Guadalajara and Morelia.
Strong performance by United Airlines’ seasonal nonstop flights between FAT and Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) has evolved into year round service through August 2020. The major route, operated with mainline service on the A319 aircraft, offers seamless air access from the Central Valley to the Midwest with convenient connections to the East Coast and beyond.
Other flight options available from Fresno to nonstop destinations or beyond include:
- Alaska Airlines to Portland, San Diego and Seattle
- Allegiant to Las Vegas
- American Airlines to Los Angeles and Phoenix
- Delta to Salt Lake City
- Frontier Airlines to Denver
- United Airlines to Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Volaris to Morelia, Mexico
Fresno Yosemite International Airport – Fresno Yosemite International Airport currently offers Central Valley passengers daily nonstop flights to Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara and Morelia, Mexico on domestic and international carriers. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno .
# # #