Helpful Tips for Spring Break Travel
Fresno Yosemite International Airport Offers Helpful Tips for Spring Break Travel
Fresno, CA (March 23, 2023) – Airports nationwide, including Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT), will be busy during the spring break travel period, now through April 21.
Passengers are encouraged to arrive early and prepared for travel. With flights anticipated near or at capacity, fewer options may be available to accommodate rebooking if flights are missed.
During this busy travel season, FAT’s goal is to make the travel experience a convenient and happy one. For easy and carefree travel, FAT offers these helpful tips:
- Passengers are strongly encouraged to arrive early at the airport up to two hours prior to domestic flight departures and up to three hours prior to international flights.
- Check with your airline on flight status before leaving for the airport. Convenient flights status links are available on most airline websites and mobile apps, or passengers may telephone their airline for flight status information.
- Be sure to check with your airline and review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website for the latest COVID-19 travel requirements specific to your destination and requirements for international travelers returning to the United States.
- Pack smart; start with empty bags. By packing for travel with empty bags, passengers are less likely to bring prohibited items through a TSA checkpoint. Check for prohibited items by using the “What Can I Bring?” page on TSA.gov .
TSA Security Screening
- More capacity at the TSA security screening lane for an improved passenger experience.
- Review TSA’s 3-1-1 Liquids Rule for carry-on bags. Travelers may bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes in their carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. These are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces or less per item. Pack items that are in containers larger than 3.4 ounces in checked baggage.
- TSA is allowing one liquid hand sanitizer up to 12 ounces per passenger in carry-on bags until further notice.
- Parking is in high demand during peak travel periods. Since lots can fill up quickly, please keep an alternate lot in mind in case your first choice is no longer available upon arrival. Travelers with parking questions can contact FAT’s parking operator SP+ at 559.252.0052. For parking options and a printable map, please visit flyfresno.com/parking/ .
Cell Phone Waiting and Ground Transportation
- A Free Cell Phone Waiting Area is conveniently located near the terminal to accommodate friends and family who are picking up arriving passengers. Look for the blue signs to the lot entrance. Drivers must stay with their vehicles.
- Rideshare drop-off and pick-up area, Fresno Area Express (FAX), and V-Line are in front of terminal Departures curb at the center median and marked with blue signage. For a map of ground transportation locations, please visit flyfresno.com/parking/
- Taxi service is available across from the Baggage Claim doors at the center median.
Health and Safety
While masks and face coverings are optional for U.S. and some international travel, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people wear face masks in indoor areas of public transportation and transportation hubs. CDC provides health recommendations for domestic travel and for international travel on its website at: CDC.gov.
For spring travel updates, like us on facebook.com at iflyfresno or follow us on Twitter @iflyfresno and Instagram @iFlyFresno or visit our website at www.flyfresno.com .
Fresno Yosemite International Airport – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) is one of the Central San Joaquin Valley’s largest drivers of economic activity. Domestic and international carriers serving FAT offer Valley travelers daily nonstop flights to Chicago (Seasonal), Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara, León, and Morelia in Mexico.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport and Fresno Chandler Executive Airport are municipally owned entities operating as a self-supporting enterprise.
Like us on facebook.com at iflyfresno or follow us on Twitter @iflyfresno and Instagram @iFlyFresno or visit our website at www.flyfresno.com .
# # #