Fresno Yosemite International Airport Sets All-Time Record With Over 1.63 Million Passengers Served
Impressive 6.3 percent increase triggered by new air service and expanded frequencies
Fresno, CA (August 9, 2018) – Fresno Yosemite International Airports today announced record-breaking passenger volume with more than 1.63 million travelers served in Fiscal Year 2018 (July 2017-June 2018). The Airport’s milestone year represents a 6.3 percent increase over Fiscal Year 2017 which welcomed over 1.53 million passengers. Compared to the prior fiscal year, international travelers in Fiscal Year 2018 grew 1.5 percent while domestic passengers surpassed the same period by 7.1 percent.
“This impressive passenger growth rate is a testament of Central Valley travelers choosing Fresno Yosemite International Airport as their airport of choice as well our airline partners’ commitment to providing a variety of airline options for the region,” said Director of Aviation Kevin Meikle. “As the region continues to grow, we are actively planning and preparing for capacity related facility and infrastructure improvements that will be necessary within the next five years.”
Expanded flight frequencies, transitions to larger aircraft and the launch of air service to new destinations that occurred in Fiscal Year 2018 and contributed to record-setting passenger traffic include:
- New daily mainline service to San Francisco on United Airlines
- New nonstop service to Morelia, Mexico on Volaris
- Increased flight frequencies to Los Angeles on American Airlines
- Increased daily departures to Los Angeles on United Airlines
- Added third seasonal daily departure to San Diego on Alaska Airlines
- New airline, Frontier Airlines, nonstop service to Denver
- New daily nonstop service to Chicago on United Airlines
- Increased twice daily flights to Las Vegas on Mondays and Thursdays on Allegiant
- Increased twice daily departures to Guadalajara, Mexico on Volaris
- Daily service to Guadalajara, Mexico on AeroMexico
Record passenger growth has contributed to an annual economic impact of $788.5 million to the regional economy and an employment base of 9,307 direct, induced and indirect jobs. Citing strong financial performance and record passenger levels, the Airport recently received a two notch upgrade from Standard and Poor’s Global Ratings from ‘BBB+’ to ‘A’, with a Stable Outlook.
NOTE: Fresno Yosemite International Airport photo attached.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport currently offers Valley passengers daily non-stop flights to Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara and Morelia, Mexico on domestic and international carriers. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno.
# # #