Airport System Releases Latest Economic Impact Data
Fresno Yosemite International Airport System Releases Latest Economic Impact Data
Fresno Yosemite International and Chandler Executive Airports generate over 9,307 jobs, $788.5 million in annual business activity
Fresno, CA (August 2, 2018) – Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) system, which includes Fresno Chandler Executive Airport (FCH), today released updated economic data demonstrating the major revenue and jobs contribution of the two airports to California’s Central Valley. The recent study includes the following highlights:
- The economic impact of airport activity directly dependent on FAT and FCH, including the visitor industry and non-aviation real estate tenants on airport property, represents an annual direct contribution of $788.5 million to the regional economy.
- The employment base of airport activity at the two airports generates 9,307 direct, induced and indirect jobs in the Fresno area.
- Business revenue, which includes salaries, purchases and taxes, and including the visitor industry and non-aviation real estate tenants on airport property, totals $559.8 million annually.
- Re-Spending and Consumption, which is related to the purchase and services of goods produced locally, generated $228.7 million annually.
- Of the $788.5 million, business and tourism visitors arriving through FAT spend $184.2 million annually in the Fresno area.
“As a major driver of regional economic activity and jobs, it is important that we invest in the future and plan for the continued growth of both airports,” said Director of Aviation Kevin Meikle. “The completion of Master Plan Updates for both airports will provide the framework to ensure future travel needs are met to further support a growing and prosperous economy for the region.”
Since the 2010 Great Recession FAT has grown 36 percent in passenger traffic, and in the first half of 2018, has experienced a 12.7 percent increase in passenger volume.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport currently offers Valley passengers daily non-stop flights to Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara and Morelia, Mexico on domestic and international carriers. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno.
# # #