Fresno Yosemite International Airport Kicks Off Second Annual Holiday Music Program With a Talented Lineup of Local Musicians
Fresno, CA (November 19, 2018) - The sounds of the season resonate at Fresno Yosemite International Airport with today’s official launch of the second annual Holiday Music Program with performances by a talented lineup of local pianists. As part of the Airport’s Arts & Culture Program, these fine pianists will entertain passengers and create a festive holiday vibe in the boarding gate areas throughout the season. Passengers will be treated to cheerful musical performances played on a stunning Crown Jewel – “Madagascar Ebony” grand piano provided by the new Steinway Piano Gallery of Fresno.
“The Holiday Music Program creates a welcoming, relaxing environment for passengers through the sound of music.” said Director of Aviation Kevin Meikle. “We look forward to brightening the airport experience this season by providing the Steinway piano and the guest pianists to entertain passengers as they begin their holiday travels.”
“We are delighted to be a part of the Arts & Culture Program at the Airport for the second straight year,” said Steinway Piano Gallery of Fresno Owner Heyner Oviedo. “Because our gallery believes everyone should have the opportunity to experience beautiful music, we are pleased to provide one of our finest quality pianos that is as unique as the pianists who will be playing it.”
This year’s talented lineup includes five pianists with impressive musical backgrounds who greatly enjoy sharing their passion for music with others.
- Starting his musical journey at the age of four, Dr. Beniamin Hakobyan, has performed in concerts across the country and around the world including Moscow, Munich and Paris just to name a few. As a music educator, Dr. Hakobyan has been an instructor at numerous universities and music schools in Armenia, Ukraine and the U.S.
- Eliza Hakobyan comes from a family of talented musicians and started playing the piano and guitar at the age of five. Eliza has performed in her church orchestra and as a member of the Fresno State Youth Orchestra. She currently teaches music lessons in piano, violin, guitar and vocal.
- Andrea Daw began playing the piano for her pastoral father’s Sunday church service at the age of seven. She has received several vocal awards with the highlight of her musical years performing as a guest soprano soloist for the Spokane Junior Symphony for two consecutive years. Sharing her love for music with others, Andrea teaches piano to students of all ages.
- Karey Nickel has performed as a musician and actor since he was a child. After college, Karey formed his own family band and went on to tour and perform as a recording artist for 15 years in churches and venues across the country. He has played the lead in numerous Shakespeare plays and has recorded CDs as part of men’s quartet.
- After completing his military service in the U.S. Army, Vince DiCiccio played the piano for two years in Munich, Germany before returning to the U.S. In 2016, Vince retired from Valley Public Radio after nearly 20 years as a music producer and program host and today continues to entertain audiences at local venues.
Each guest pianist will provide musical performances during peak flight times to entertain a wide audience. Performances are also planned for the late-night departures to Mexico.
Airport guests will also have the opportunity to enjoy the sounds of the season with each performance live-streamed on the central lobby video wall.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport - Fresno Yosemite International Airport currently offers Valley passengers daily nonstop flights to Chicago (seasonal), Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara and Morelia, Mexico on domestic and international carriers. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno .
# # #