Spring Break Travel Tips from
Fresno Yosemite International Airport
Fresno, CA (April 11, 2019) - Airports across the nation, including Fresno Yosemite International Airport, are anticipating increased passenger activity during the 2019 spring season. Airline trade organization Airlines for America projects passenger volumes on U.S. airlines will exceed 2018 spring travel by 4.3 percent now through April 30, 2019.
Passengers are strongly encouraged to arrive at the airport up to three hours prior to international flights and up to two hours prior to domestic flights. TSA Pre✓® for expedited security screening is available at Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
In preparation for the busy travel period, Fresno Yosemite International Airport offers travelers these helpful tips to simplify the travel process.
- Consider peak early morning departures at Fresno Yosemite International Airport may extend security screening wait times.
- Remember airline ticket counters close for passenger check-in as early as 45 minutes prior to domestic flight departures and 60 minutes prior to international flight departures.
- Check with your airline on flight status prior to leaving for the airport. Convenient flight status links are available on most airline websites and mobile apps or passengers may telephone the airline for flight status information.
- Review your airline’s website for travel policies, baggage limitations and fees, customer service plans and automated flight alert notifications to cell phones or mobile devices.
- Travel with a current government-issued ID and have your boarding pass out and ready.
- Reduce the amount of congestion in carry-on baggage to enable your bag to move through screening faster.
- Familiarize yourself with the TSA list related to permitted and prohibited items at www.TSA.gov or tweet your questions about items to @AskTSA.
- Remember the 3-1-1 rule for traveling with liquids, gels and aerosols in carry-on baggage:
- 3-ounce bottles or less for all liquids, gels and aerosols;
- 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic zip-top bag; and
- 1 bag per passenger placed separately in a security bin for X-ray screening.
- Remove liquids and electronic devices from your carry-on baggage for security screening. Place them in a bin with nothing above or underneath them.
- Remember the white curb in front of the terminal is for passenger drop-off and pick-up only.
- Relocated Cell Phone Waiting Area is available for motorist waiting for arriving passengers. The Cell Phone Waiting Area has been temporarily relocated slightly past the airport roadway entrance on the right side of the roadway and marked with orange signage. For airport parking information and rates, contact SP + at 559.252.0052.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) charging stations are located in the short-term and long-term public parking lots.
- Lyft rideshare curbside pick-up is located between the front of the terminal and baggage claim.
- A private Mothers Room is centrally located post-security screening along the passageway to the airline boarding gates.
- The Service Animal Relief Area is centrally located post-security screening. Please check with your airline representative for assistance with accessing the area.
Remain vigilant. If You See Something, Say Something. Please report all suspicious activities or items to airport security personnel.
Safety and security are top priorities for all airport personnel. Passengers can help ensure a smooth security process by following the TSA’s security procedures available at www.TSA.gov or by reaching out to the AskTSA team via Twitter at @AskTSA.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport - Fresno Yosemite International Airport currently offers Valley passengers daily nonstop flights to Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara and Morelia, Mexico on domestic and international carriers. Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno .
# # #