Fresno Yosemite International Airport Kicks Off Third Annual Holiday Music Program With a Talented Lineup of Local Musicians
Fresno, CA - The sounds of the season resonate at Fresno Yosemite International Airport with the launch of the third annual Holiday Music Program with performances by a talented lineup of local pianists. As part of the Airport’s Arts & Culture Program, these fine pianists will entertain travelers and create a festive holiday vibe in the boarding gate areas throughout the season.
Travelers will enjoy cheerful musical performances played on a stunning Crown Jewel – “Macassar Ebony” grand piano provided by the Steinway Piano Gallery of Fresno. This year’s musical lineup features returning guest pianists including Dr. Beniamin Hakobyan who composed a special holiday song for the Airport.
“The Holiday Music Program is a unique opportunity for Fresno Yosemite International Airport to create a memorable and enjoyable airport experience by spreading holiday cheer and hospitality,” said Director of Aviation Kevin Meikle. “This is clear by the number of comments from travelers and children’s drawings addressed to our guest pianists in appreciation for sharing their music.”
“We are excited to be part of the Arts & Culture Program’s holiday tradition for the third straight year,” said Steinway Piano Gallery of Fresno Owner Heyner Oviedo. “Because of our great admiration for music, we are pleased to provide one of the finest quality pianos for travelers to experience these live performances.”
This year’s lineup includes five pianists with impressive musical backgrounds who enjoy sharing their passion for music with others.
- Since the beginning of his musical journey at the age of four, Dr. Beniamin Hakobyan, has performed in concerts across the country and around the world including Moscow, Munich and Paris just to name a few. Dr. Hakobyan earned a PhD, Doctor of Music from Yerevan State Conservatory of Komitas. As a music educator, Dr. Hakobyan currently teaches piano, guitar, and the lute at the Yerevan State Conservatory and Yerevan State University. He also instructs master classes in several cities throughout California, Russia, France and Germany.
- Eliza Hakobyan comes from a family of talented musicians and started playing the piano and guitar at the age of five. Eliza has performed in her church orchestra and as a member of the Fresno State Youth Orchestra. She currently teaches music lessons in piano, violin, guitar and vocal as well as performs with bands at various musical venues.
- Andrea Daw began playing the piano for her pastoral father’s Sunday church service at the age of seven. She has received several vocal awards with the highlight of her musical years performing as a guest soprano soloist for the Spokane Junior Symphony for two consecutive years. Sharing her love for music with others, Andrea teaches piano to students of all ages.
- Karey Nickel has performed as a musician and actor since he was a child. After obtaining a Master of Arts in classical piano, Karey formed his own family band and went on to tour and perform as a recording artist for 15 years in churches and venues across the country. He has played the lead in numerous Shakespeare plays and recorded CDs as part of a men’s quartet. Karey currently accompanies student choirs for Central Unified School District and teaches piano at the Steinway Piano Gallery of Fresno.
- A neo-soul and Jazz aficionado, Ike Tecson spent the early part of his post-graduate years from the University of Hawaii touring Japan and performing at popular music venues such as the Sapporo Jazz Festival, Birdland and the Yokohama Music Festival. In his hometown of Kaneohe, Hawaii, he opened for Bon Jovi and the Black Eyed Peas while backing up rock guitarist Mike Corrado. More recently, Ike performed with the Neil Berg Broadway series.
Each guest pianist will provide musical performances during peak flight times to entertain a wide audience. The schedule also includes performances during the busy late-night domestic and international departures.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport - Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) is the largest driver in economic activity in the Central San Joaquin Valley with $844 million of annual economic activity and 9,800 direct, induced and indirect jobs. Domestic and international carriers serving FAT offer Valley travelers daily nonstop flights to Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Portland, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Guadalajara, León and Morelia, Mexico.
Fresno Yosemite International Airport is a municipally owned entity operating as a self-supporting enterprise. No City of Fresno general funds are used to operate Fresno Yosemite International Airport or Fresno Chandler Executive Airport.
Like us on facebook.com/FresnoYosemiteInternational or follow us on Twitter @FresnoAirport and Instagram @iFlyFresno .